Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Fan Mail

November 12th, 2008
I received a sparkling bit of fan mail last night. This one also put tears in my eyes!! Thank you Katherine for confirming that all of my hard work with this book was/is worth it!!!
This is what this Full Time Working Mommy wrote:

"Hi Kristie, I LOVE your book! And my daughter LOOOOOVVVES it! (Wish I could think of an endorsement that was a little more creative - but, hey you're the writer not me!)

Just to let you know this book has become "one of those" books that my daughter wants to read over and over and over. Now she's memorized most of it (in just about two weeks - I'm not lying, we've read it a lot...) and will read it to me, her father, her kindergarten class when she brought it for show and tell... She loved searching for the cupcakes, hearts and ladybugs too.

As for me, it was so great to read something that positively conveys the many roles a working mother takes on without being preachy. I love reading it to her and I love it that she's started talking about my high heel shoes. I do have closet envy for the mother in the book, however!

The only criticism that my daughter would like to offer is that on the page where it says "shoes for going out to the movies" she thinks it should say "date night." She tells me that every time,
whether I'm reading it or she is "You know mommy, it really should say 'date night' because the mommy and daddy are going on a date." So, maybe in the next edition... haha.

Anyway, now that I've practically written my own book - I have two questions:
1) There are a few people I would like to give this book to for Christmas (like my boss for one!) If I sent you a list would you mind autographing them as well when I order?
2) Would you mind if I sent out an email with a recommendation and a link to your website to some friends here that I think would really enjoy this book?

Hope you're having a good week. As for me, I'm looking forward to reading "Mommy's High Heel Shoes" again tonight!
Katherine


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Mommy's High Heel Shoes-Reading Time Gone Mobile!

Now you can download Mommy's High Heel Shoes for your ipod touch, iphone or computer right from the iTunes App store and for a limited time just .99 cents! Your child can read along with the book or watch when you are in the car or out and about. Now screen time can be reading time too! Here is a 25% off code: MHHS. Just type the code in at the Mobistories.com checkout!