Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The call I've been waiting for!

For months, we have been trying to potty train my son.  He's got the pee pee on the potty thing down.  He even stands up like a big boy and uses his "shooter" to make bubbles in the water.  However, we have been struggling with how to get him to poop on the potty.  He usually waits until he has a pull up on either early in the morning or right before bed.  He sneaks off and hides in the closet or behind the sofa and says, "Mommy go away!  Don't smell my poop!"  I've tried to bribe him with chocolate, candy, marshmellows (his fav) and so many other things.  So for the past few days, I have been saying, "Mommy will bring you home a surprise from work when you poop on the potty.  I'll bring you a big orange balloon!"  (his favorite color of course!)

Today, I got the best call on my cell phone.  "Mommy, I go poop on the potty!" Of course, I was thrilled, "Good Boy- you are such a big boy- I'm so proud of you!"  

So here is a funny story.  I stop at the dollar store on my way home and pick out an orange balloon and a green one (so my daughter of course has one to play with).  The dollar store guy was trying to upsell me some balloons.  He says, "what's the special occasion?  We have lots of fun balloons- take a look!"  I tell him, "My son pooped on the potty!"  His face was priceless.   I said, "what do you mean- you don't have Happy Poop on the Potty Balloons?"  He did find me a potty book for boys though from the back of the store.  I had to buy it.  Even though the book was $2.0o at the dollar store??


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I know we had a similar issue in our house for my DD. I also tried bribery at the end (chocolate marshmallows no less). When we finally had success, I wasn't sure who was more elated, my daughter or me!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Mommy's High Heel Shoes-Reading Time Gone Mobile!

Now you can download Mommy's High Heel Shoes for your ipod touch, iphone or computer right from the iTunes App store and for a limited time just .99 cents! Your child can read along with the book or watch when you are in the car or out and about. Now screen time can be reading time too! Here is a 25% off code: MHHS. Just type the code in at the Mobistories.com checkout!