Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Working Moms: What Did You Do Before Work Today?

10/21/2009
Just curious to see what you all did before work today- wake up time for me 6:00 a.m. I somehow changed a poopy diaper, drank my coffee, packed up two book orders, found matching socks and got the kids dressed, nursed the baby, changed another poopy diaper, made breakfast for the big kids, packed lunches for a class trip to the zoo with Daddy, folded a load of laundry, checked my e-mail, french braided my daughter's hair (because I promised her yesterday when I didn't have time) and now getting up this overdo blog post. No wonder I haven't posted anything in so long!

Tell me what time you got up and what you did today. I'm always so curious what other people are up to before leaving for work. Thank goodness I'm having a home office day....no shower necessary...Shhh!! I'm still in my pajamas studying Oncology information for my new job!

Disclosure Statement: My pjs aren't nearly as cute as the Mommy in this picture and our waffles were frozen Eggos!

Art copyright Pat Achilles- not to be used for any reason without written permission.

3 comments:

  1. I am a working Mommy of 1 so I have many more years of more children and hectic mornings!!

    Right now, our routine is me getting up by 7am, getting myself ready (shower, makeup, hair) by 8am. Get toddler up at 8am, eat breakfast and get toddler dressed 8-9am. 9am in the car driving to babysitters.
    I usually arrive to the office around 9:45am or 10am.
    Of course, things move up in the day if I have a morning meeting or something that requires me to be at work by 8:30am. Those aren't my favorite days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a working mom of 1 (2 come spring). Fortunately, I have alot of help from my husband.

    This morning, I woke up at 7, showered, shaved my legs (horray!), put in my contacts and brushed my teeth. Then I went downstairs and drank oj and ate a banana while filling out timesheets from last week, checking and responding to email and comments on my blog. I then dried my hair and got dressed and put on make-up. Then I got my husband up, woke my 1 year-old up, changed her diaper and got her dressed. I gave her breakfast while doing her hair, packed her lunch and my lunch, loaded the car and got out the door.
    I dropped her off at school, unpacked her lunch and snack, gave lots of hugs and kisses and went to work (stopping at Dunkin Donuts on the way).
    When I get to work, I usually take 1/2 hour to read the news and drink my tea and then start my billable time.
    About half the time, my husband takes my daughter to school which makes things so much easier. I can't imagine how hectic we will be with two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wake every morning between 4am and 5am. I slept in until 5am today. The following circus act was completed before 8am this morning
    :
    - Made coffee
    - Drank coffee while catching upon Twitter, Facebook and PerezHilton
    - Wrote two creative briefs
    - Completed a contract and emailed for signature
    - Sent out about a dozen emails
    - Scheduled a conference call
    - Packed lunches and snacks for two children
    - Made breakfast for three children
    - Helped two children get dressed and primped for school
    - Reviewed 'notes' with 3rd grade son and together we discussed what he would write in his report today in class
    - Packed two backpacks
    - Loaded 3 kids into sweet minivan
    - Picked up two more kids (No, they were not strangers. I know them.)
    - Dropped four kids off at school
    - Hit the local coffee spot drive-thru for a triple-shot latte

    I lied. I did all of this by 8:12am...not 8:00am. Then, I cam home and started my work day.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Mommy's High Heel Shoes-Reading Time Gone Mobile!

Now you can download Mommy's High Heel Shoes for your ipod touch, iphone or computer right from the iTunes App store and for a limited time just .99 cents! Your child can read along with the book or watch when you are in the car or out and about. Now screen time can be reading time too! Here is a 25% off code: MHHS. Just type the code in at the Mobistories.com checkout!