Friday, October 30, 2009

(From Philly Moms Blog) Happy Halloween! The Swine Flu is Lurking at Our Pre-school!

10/30/2009 
Here is my latest Philly Moms Blog Post....

I can't even believe I'm writing about the swine flu again! I wish I were a sports fan so I could intelligently write about the Phillies and the Yankees playing in the World Series.


But In the midst of filling up 16 pumpkin treat bags for my son's class and baking 18 spooky cupcakes for my daughter's Halloween party, my daughter brought me "the note." Yes, it came home with her latest glittery Halloween paper craft- the DREADED "swine flu" letter from the pre-school director.

I guess I knew it was coming. This virus has been spreading all over Bucks County the Philadelphia area. And now there has been 1 confirmed case of H1N1 virus at my kids' pre-school and several other kids are out sick with "flu-like" symptoms. The note says,"the absentee rate is not alarmingly high at this point. We will keep you informed."
Then, the phone rings....


Are you vaccinating your kids for Swine Flu?  Leave a comment and let me know.  
We're still deciding...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Mommy's High Heel Shoes-Reading Time Gone Mobile!

Now you can download Mommy's High Heel Shoes for your ipod touch, iphone or computer right from the iTunes App store and for a limited time just .99 cents! Your child can read along with the book or watch when you are in the car or out and about. Now screen time can be reading time too! Here is a 25% off code: MHHS. Just type the code in at the Mobistories.com checkout!