Sunday, January 3, 2010

Soak Up Every Minute- 2010!

1/3/2010
Today I was in my very cold office trying to get organized and ready for tomorrow...back to work after having 13 days off in a row with my family. I looked up at my bulletin board- a board I put up 2 years ago as my Vision Board. Smack in the middle of the Bulletin Board is a picture my daughter made during her 1st year of pre-school that says, "Life will be Great in 2008!" I looked at the board and thought, "Is it really 2010?" I mean really? My husband and I have been together now 10 years (married 7 1/2) We have 3 healthy kids who mean the world to us- they are my heart. We are truly blessed.


And as I write this post, my little baby is sleeping on my shoulder making her cute squeaky noises (as usual). When I think that she is 5 months old already, my eyes tear up at the thought of how quickly this baby stage flies by. My big girl is 5 already- kindergarten next year. My son will be 4 this May. On New Years day, we put our Baby Bear in the jumper in the door way. She found her legs...jumping, smiling and bouncing all over the place. She's been giggling, interacting...growing up- just as fast (maybe faster) as my older two. I just want to soak up every minute with her, with all 3 of them.

So my #1 New Years Resolution is just that!


To soak up every minute of being with my 3 kids
- which to me means a few things:
  • Listening- When my kids are telling me a story, I vow to stop what I am doing and listen...really listen and be in the moment with them soaking up their little voices.
  • Looking- When I am being presented with the latest painted picture or paper craft, I am going to stop and soak up the colors.
  • Hanging up the Phone- I am promising to be with my kids on the way to or from school, talking to them, sharing and soaking up the things in their day- not planning a meeting or small talking with friends. I will also try to limit the phone at home for the few hours I have with them before bedtime.
Of course, being the Type A girl I am, there are several other things on my resolution list which include:
  • Updating that 2008 vision board.
  • Fostering my friendships with those friends who make me feel good and with those who I aspire to be more like- not worrying about those friends who seem to never make time for me or make me question me. I heard a motivational speaker at work last month who said, "Surround yourself with your A team!"
  • Sticking to a budget...yep- that means Starbucks trips may have to cease for a while.
  • Eating less meat- making more vegetarian dishes. Eating more vegetables and fruits-not getting lazy with the kids either- encouraging them to try new foods.
  • Yoga- need to find a class to go to again.
  • De-cluttering! Getting rid of stuff I don't use and figuring out a system for all the paper.
  • Blog more regularly and more authentically (not worrying about what people will think all the time!
  • Less TV- not that I really watch that much, but I feel like it's always on in the background.
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Mommy's High Heel Shoes-Reading Time Gone Mobile!

Now you can download Mommy's High Heel Shoes for your ipod touch, iphone or computer right from the iTunes App store and for a limited time just .99 cents! Your child can read along with the book or watch when you are in the car or out and about. Now screen time can be reading time too! Here is a 25% off code: MHHS. Just type the code in at the Mobistories.com checkout!