Thursday, July 30, 2009

Where have I been? What have I been up to?

Image copyright of Pat Achilles

Where have I been? What have I been up to? It's been a while since I have posted anything worthwhile on this blog. It's amazing how life gets so busy and moves so quickly!

For starters, I am almost 39 weeks pregnant so don't exactly sleep very well at night (only on the couch when I try to read or watch TV) AND I have given up the caffeine that gets me moving in the morning for fear of a caffeine addicted baby. The decaf tea, although delicious, is just not doing it for me in the morning. Baby girl is scheduled to be delivered next Wed (August 5th) if she doesn't decide to come on her own sooner. I can't wait for her to be here and for my body to be my own again (if you don't count nursing).

I then got my pink slip from my company a couple weeks ago (they took the product I sell off the market a few months ago) Nothing to do with the economy- just bum luck!
Find out more about that HERE!

I have been given some notice, but have basically been a Stay Home Mom for the past couple of months now and never been busier. I don't know if it's just that I am trying to catch up on all of the things I normally can't do because I am out working like taking the kids to swim lessons, playdates and organizing the sippy cup cabinet and garage. Or if it's just the type- A in me that just can't sit still...always having to be productive. But until I go back to work full time, it's been a great opportunity to spend some amazing time with my kids. It's the maternity leave that may just be extended a little longer than I thought.

And then because I am pretty crazy (although only at half speed when I am pregnant), I decided to officially launch another Blog called RealMommyReviews- which has been quite fun, but a lot of work. Since I'm not sleeping, I may as well be productive! It's been fun receiving all sorts of different products and coming up with interesting content for the site. I am also promoting my book and setting up school visits- See Here for my latest Press.

Some exciting news not posted on my website yet is that my Illustrator, Pat Achilles, has been invited to the First International Children's Book Festival in Dubai February 2010. She is so excited to go and to be able to demonstrate her amazing artistic ability and showcase her work and our book!

Blogging for Philly Moms Blog (which has been such a wonderful opportunity to connect with some amazing Moms) has also been keeping me busy. Although I only write two posts a month- finding just the right thing to write takes a lot of time.

Then....there's Twitter, my new love and hobby! If you aren't on Twitter, it's hard to explain exactly what it is about it. It's the social Marketing/Networking Mecca. I also find it a lot easier/quicker to use than Facebook and you don't get sucked in looking at your elementary school friend's pictures (which I love doing), joining a million groups and answering silly surveys such as, "If you were a Crayon, which color would you be?" Or "Tell me 3 things about...." Yes-with my ADD, Facebook can be very distracting!

So I am off for now, but will leave you with some treasures from my kids these past few months!
  • Every morning my son eats Raisin Bran and no matter how many times I correct him....he continues to call it "Raisin Brown." After all, it is Brown. I think I need to market him for a funny commercial for Kellogs!
  • My son has told me loudly in a Public Restroom, "Mommy, your butt is too big for the potty!" Shhhh........
  • My daughter is now riding on two wheels (yes, no more trainers), can swing "all by herself" on the swing "No pushing Mommy" and she can also keep her head above water & swim half way to the middle of the pool!
  • My kids favorite new joke: "What kind of music to bunnies listen to?" Give up?? "Hip-Hop!"



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Mommy's High Heel Shoes-Reading Time Gone Mobile!

Now you can download Mommy's High Heel Shoes for your ipod touch, iphone or computer right from the iTunes App store and for a limited time just .99 cents! Your child can read along with the book or watch when you are in the car or out and about. Now screen time can be reading time too! Here is a 25% off code: MHHS. Just type the code in at the Mobistories.com checkout!