Monday, June 15, 2009

Philly Moms Blog: Philadelphia Freedom- Letting Go Of The "Stuff"

Philadelphia Freedom- Letting Go Of The "Stuff"
My latest Philly Moms Blog Post.....


Last week I decorated baby number three's nursery, which was a guest room full of "stuff." You know that stuff that you just hold on to either because you think you may use it again or because of the memories the stuff represents. After moving much of the stuff out to the garage where it joined forces with our other stuff, I felt completely overwhelmed by it all! I decided it was time to purge. I knew I had to be my own episode of Clean Sweep!

I also knew this stuff could earn us some money, something everyone can use with the current state of the economy. I thought about a yard sale, but the idea of lugging all of the stuff outside, setting it up and price tagging it all exhausted me (especially being 8 months pregnant). And if it didn't sell? Then what, lug it all back in? Yikes!

In the past, I have listed items on E-bay, but it has been a while. Then I thought, "how would I ever ship a big double stroller or heavy box of extra kitchen tiles?" Of course I had heard of Craigslist, but to be honest was a little frightened to use it because of some of the recent news stories. Did I really want to risk that weirdos would knock on my front door just to make a few extra dollars? Oh, what are the chances... READ THE REST OF THIS POST ON PHILLY MOMS BLOG-CLICK HERE


Where does all of our "stuff" go when we just throw it in the trash???
Click Here- Check Out This Video!





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Mommy's High Heel Shoes-Reading Time Gone Mobile!

Now you can download Mommy's High Heel Shoes for your ipod touch, iphone or computer right from the iTunes App store and for a limited time just .99 cents! Your child can read along with the book or watch when you are in the car or out and about. Now screen time can be reading time too! Here is a 25% off code: MHHS. Just type the code in at the Mobistories.com checkout!