Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A fabulous review from Mommy Vents

12/10/2008    
Check out this review!  Thank you Mommy Vents :)
Mommy Vents says....

"I was lucky enough to receive a copy of the children's book Mommy's High Heel Shoes. This book is written by Kristie Finnan, who is adorable and a true go getter. I recently had the pleasure of meeting her, and honestly she is dynamic. The beautiful illustrations were done by Pat Achilles.

When I received the book I didn't realize it was about a working mom. I instantly thought, oh I guess I might give it to my sister since she works. But then I read it to my girls and I was so happy that this book was really for ANY MOM. The daughter questions all the different shoes her mommy has, only for the Mom to be able to explain that Mom's have many different jobs hence all the shoes !! The daughter tries to walk in Mommy's high heels and realizes they are a bit tricky to manage. Yes being a Mom is tricky !!! The daughter asks why she wears these tricky, hard to walk in shoes. The answer is because they make me feel good and when I feel good, I am a better Mommy. My friends and I will always chat about how we need some me time, whether it be the gym,or lunch on our own. We always say if we feel good it helps us be a better Mom. I also know my working Mom friends realize that they are better Moms because they prefer to work.

The illustrations are beautiful. I describe them as not as harsh as Pinkalicious, but not too frilly like Fancy Nancy. They are the perfect in between. The Mom is illustrated doing REAL MOM things, on the treadmill, food shopping, wiped out on the couch.

The favorite part of this book for my girls is the hidden ladybug, cupcake and heart on every page. They have the best time looking for each item on each page. As a Mom who has to read books over and over, this is a great way to make the book a bit different each time. These two ladies really thought of everything.

I absolutely recommend this book for ANY Mom. Trust me, this is the perfect book to get your kids for the holidays, they will love it. I adore the author and she was kind enough to let me offer my readers a discount. Use the code momvents when ordering and get a 10% discount. Pass this along to friends and family, and trust me this lady is going to be a big name, be on the cutting edge and get this book now!!!!"



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Mommy's High Heel Shoes-Reading Time Gone Mobile!

Now you can download Mommy's High Heel Shoes for your ipod touch, iphone or computer right from the iTunes App store and for a limited time just .99 cents! Your child can read along with the book or watch when you are in the car or out and about. Now screen time can be reading time too! Here is a 25% off code: MHHS. Just type the code in at the Mobistories.com checkout!