Sunday, May 25, 2008

So who am I?

I am a full time working mother of two children (Katie: 3 1/2 and Cole is almost 2), the daughter of a Mom who worked when I was a child, and lucky to be friends with many other working mommies. I graduated Penn State with my BS in Nutrition and got my RD (registered dietitian) cerification up in Boston, MA. However, I did switch careers and have been a sales professional for 12 years and wear high heel shoes to work everyday! I am lucky to work for a company on the top 10 list in Fortune magazine for "Best Places to Work" and a company that was voted in the top 20 for best companies for working mothers by Working Mother magazine. I will say that I am very grateful and blessed to work for a company that truly encourages work/life balance. In addition, I have written a children's book called Mommy's High Heel Shoes. It is a book that workng mothers will love to share with their children and will be available in September 2008. I am also an active member of the SCBWI (Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators) and the Womens Business Forum (Doylestown, PA) where I am thrilled to make so many connections with smart, talented and fabulous women! Most importantly, my children are my inspiration and have made my books and MOMMYWORKShop.com my passion! Last, but not least, I am married to an extremely caring husband and amazing father. Thank you to Chris for putting up with my late hours at my computer and being so supportive! I am also thrilled to be a columnist for www.grumpymoms.com My goal is to give quick/easy everyday tips for the busy working mommy. I will try to have relevant "today" topics and hopefully my advice will help us feel less grumpy! Post a comment,send me a message, tell me what you want and need information about and I'll do my best to find it! Please visit MOMMYWORKShop.com for more working mommy information!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Mommy's High Heel Shoes-Reading Time Gone Mobile!

Now you can download Mommy's High Heel Shoes for your ipod touch, iphone or computer right from the iTunes App store and for a limited time just .99 cents! Your child can read along with the book or watch when you are in the car or out and about. Now screen time can be reading time too! Here is a 25% off code: MHHS. Just type the code in at the Mobistories.com checkout!