Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Maddie Alice, Her Mother's Greatest Joy

4/8/09 As many of you know, I have been blogging for Philly Moms Blog for the past few months. Through this SVMOMS blogging community, I have been blessed to meet so many wonderful Moms and have been touched, enlightened and inspired by so many of their stories. Most of my new friends I have only met virtually, while others I have had the chance to meet in person through different events.

Last night, while my kids were snuggled soundly in bed, I got in my own bed and settled in with American Idol on TV and my laptop beside me. I logged on to twitter and started reading all of the updates. Mamasphor's updates about her little girl Madeline Alice caught my eye. Maddie Alice was in the hospital and very sick. My heart sunk with just the thought of what mamaspohr (Heather Spohr) was going through. Her last tweet was "They're going to intubate her, I'm freaking out!" I then went to her website to read about this little girl's story. Before I went to bed, I said a prayer for little Maddie Alice and her family.

This morning when I logged on to twitter, tears fell from my eyes. Other Moms were sending condolences to mamaspohr. Maddie Alice didn't make it through the night. Below is Youtube clip that was posted a while back of Maddie Alice- giggling. The family is asking that donations be made to the March of Dimes in memory of her daughter Madeline Alice Spohr in lieu of flowers. I have no words when things like this happen...I am so sorry for your loss.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Mommy's High Heel Shoes-Reading Time Gone Mobile!

Now you can download Mommy's High Heel Shoes for your ipod touch, iphone or computer right from the iTunes App store and for a limited time just .99 cents! Your child can read along with the book or watch when you are in the car or out and about. Now screen time can be reading time too! Here is a 25% off code: MHHS. Just type the code in at the Mobistories.com checkout!